View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 12:46 PM   #3
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: 32 b frame for v8

First I want to be sure I understand the question. You are looking for the difference between the 1928-1931 Model A frame and the 1932 Model B frame? You intend to use a flathead V8 engine? Either frame should be ok for normal driving with a normal flathead. If you use the Model A frame you will need to make front motor mounts. You will need to make a rear transmission mount. You will need to make a mount for the suspension wishbone. You will need to make a mount for the clutch and brake pedals (they were attached to the bell housing on a Model A and the frame on a 1932) and a mount for the master cylinder (assuming you are going to use hydraulic brakes). If you use the 1932 Model B frame you only need to make a bracket to mount the master cylinder. I have included a photo showing the way I mounted the master cylinder on my 1932 frame. The 1932 parts will be more expensive but the work will be a whole lot less. If I misunderstood your question please clarify. What is your whole project?

Charlie Stephens
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Card1 032.jpg (86.1 KB, 159 views)

Last edited by Charlie Stephens; 04-22-2024 at 01:18 PM.
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote