View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 12:27 AM   #6
Brian

Default Re: Compression and flow

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
There is a wealth of information about this matter in both printed form and on the internet. Ronnie above makes a valid point which backs up my comments....[Hemis] . Obviously, if one could achieve both flow and compression, that would be the ultimate, wouldn't it? Where do you want the flow? Considering that with a naturally aspirated engine, you are relying on atmospheric pressure to fill the cylinder[s], but the exhaust is 'blown' outta the cylinders by the rising piston, I'd say you need to concentrate on filling the cylinder[s]. And all this gibberish is only MY thoughts on the matter....The majority of aftermarket cylinder head manufacturers make pretty finned heads with combustion chambers which closely resemble those on stock Ford heads. The combustion chamber sorta resembles the shape of the head gasket, and to raise the compression we simply 'lower the roof'. what does this do to potential breathing? I reckon it restricts the flow. So, we need to narrow the passage from the intake valve to cylinder, but raise the roof. This will still give us a small combustion chamber [compression] but permit a good flow. Now, where do we locate the spark plug? Ford Located the plug sorta over the ex valve, is that the best location? Tubman swears by the location in Edmonds heads....I agree with him. When you've discovered the ultimate , please, by all means, report your findings on here. We all want to know. Good luck.