View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 08:03 PM   #5
Kube

Default Re: Door weatherstripping 40 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by busmania View Post
Looks like there is a few different pieces of weatherstripping for the doors. A top and a bottom. Any thing else? What about the vertical rear part of the door?

On the top piece-does it go from the top hinge to the top left corner of the door? What about the vertical part on the back end of the door? The rubber I have looks pretty self explanatory for the top (the rubber is kind of L shaped and tucks into the channel) but where does it end on the rear of the door?

The bottom piece…I have no idea how this installs. Any help? I’ll post photos of what I have later tonight. Looking forward to getting rid of some of my rattles!
The top piece goes on the body, not the door. The "foot" of the "L" extends out, away from the body. It does not tuck in the channel. It begins just above the upper door hinge and runs back to the B pillar.

There is a front door seal as TJ had mentioned. That piece is quite self-explanatory.
The bottom seal is actually fastened to the floor with screws. If you purchase reproduction sills, I suggest you get the ones offered with the stainless and rubber as a unit. You will need to trim the rubber a bit to gain proper length.
The sill plates have slots so they can be adjusted inward / outward as necessary to make a good seal against the door.
When you receive the repro sills, roll the rubber over the sill and bind it in that position for a month or two. That will create a memory to the rubber and it will then fit so much better upon installation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg floor aft.jpg (60.2 KB, 54 views)