View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 11:28 PM   #49
GB SISSON

Default Re: NOS 8RT camshaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas3 View Post
Save the swing set frame for the hillbilly paint booth like I got. Hang lots of parts!
Sounds like a good idea Skip. Truth be told, I wouldn't really want to skimp on the exhaust for this project. I have been enjoying working on this engine with the best parts I can come up with. So far I have found a lot of really good pieces here on shelves at the shop and online. I have NORS main bearings from The Barn's swap meet section, rod bearings from Van Pelt Sales, Gaskets from Olson's Gaskets,Cam bearings, reconditioned rods, and pistons and rings fitted by Wes at the machine shop. I have a friend here who runs a very well equipped auto repair shop which includes full custom exhaust service. Don't be too surprised if I have him bend something up for me. With all the help, direction and encouragement I have been getting here, I feel I'm really gonna have something that will stand the test of time. Thanks to all who have steered me in the direction of a high quality, if not all brand new, engine build. GB
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote