Thread: Fuel issues
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 10:42 PM   #9
1955FordF350

Default Re: Fuel issues

Thank you all for the pointers, I drive this truck daily at least 10 miles a day, I have a nice brand new factory spec fuel cap on my brand new tank, since its driven so often the fuel never goes bad, the ignition is brand new and to factory specs, 6v positive ground system. My suspicion is that the fuel lines are becoming hot from the engine and its causing the fuel in the lines to prematurely vaporize (vapor lock). Originally it still had the 50's thermostat in it that was stuck open which was causing overcooling and condensation buildup in the engine. This winter was very cold so I put in the 190 thermostat to give it an edge in the cold but I think this is too hot and is causing excessive fuel line temps. Let me know if this sounds too far fetched. Haven't changed anything but the fuel filter yet and it seems to be doing a little better but still struggles after a long drive of over 20 miles at highway speeds (55-60mph). This truck serves an important role on my ranch so its crucial that it runs to its full potential as I cannot afford anything newer.
1955FordF350 is offline   Reply With Quote