View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 11:44 AM   #8
alexiskai

Default Re: Fuel polishing worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditorama View Post
I originally was looking at that F1NC, but from "Mr. Funnel". The one I was looking at would filter particles down to 50 microns. Which probably would've got most of the junk out. But, I chose the R12T one because it was rated down to 4 microns and I was picking up a really fine silty substance in my fuel bowl. The reason I ran the return line back into the tank is to help stir up the junk sitting at the bottom.

Using it in the tank outlet would probably be the way to go. Especially if you've got a lot of bigger chunks of junk down in there. Would help to keep the other filters from getting clogged up as fast. You'd just have to make sure you don't exceed the flow rate of tank outlet with the electric fuel pump
Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if it would work to run the whole thing backwards. You have the F1NC sitting atop a bucket on the ground. A hose runs from the bucket, through a 12V pump, then through a 4-micron filter, then *up* into the tank outlet inside the cabin. You then have a second hose going down into the tank (remove the spark arrestor of course) with a hand squeezer on it to pull fuel up into the hose and set up a siphon effect; this hose routes down to the F1NC funnel.

The point of doing it this way is you can manually reposition the hose to suck up debris from various points in the bottom of the tank, and the tank outlet will stay clear of debris because it has a continuous jet coming out of it, which also serves to stir up the bottom of the tank.

Just an idea, I dunno if it would work in practice.
alexiskai is offline   Reply With Quote