Thread: Tow Insurance
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 12:41 PM   #31
jeepguy1948

Default Re: Tow Insurance

I have to agree that for you the problem exists for you. I think that my self insurance plan is still the best possible solution. I would bet that in 10 years there would be $1,000 in that coffee can. The idea that you want insurance for something that is not very likely at all to even happen, but you don’t like the $300 dollar option, yet you are willing to pay a yearly insurance premium? This makes no sense at all (to me at least). Also, based on my experience with AAA they would tow it for you (your results may vary). I would have absolutely no problem with pushing it out into the street if required but that’s me. On a slightly different note about AAA, I originally got AAA insurance because my wife and daughter were taking annual “road trips” and I wanted a solution available should they have a problem. For 10 years we never needed it. But then, we used it 4 or 5 times in 2 years, ya just never know. A guy in our local club had his roadster at a car show and it would not start to go home (later it was discovered that the problem was a short behind the instrument panel). I asked him if he had AAA and he said “I had it for years and never used it so when the premium was due TWO WEEKS AGO I let it lapse LoL. I am truly sorry that I said that the problem doesn’t exist, my thinking was that the problem is so easily fixed that it wasn’t really a problem. I still recommend the coffe can plan.
jeepguy1948 is offline   Reply With Quote