View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 03:05 PM   #1
fried okra

Location: Daniel Island,SouthCarolina/Knoxville, Tennessee/Sanibel Island,Florida
Default Tudor lost spark

My '31 Tudor was idling great in the driveway and then shutdown. It cranks fine but now has lost spark. I am running 12v negative ground.

As a start, I pulled the distributor to replace with possibly one of the two spare dizzies I've got as a first diagnosis.

I am running the two piece distributor shafts.

Now, when trying to install any of the 3 dizzies I've got none of them will seat the lock pin in the hole in the head. The dizzie body lock pins come within about 1/4" from the seating hole in the head but the dizzie's don't want to go further down. So, in essence, the dizzie's are about 1/2" from fully seating the dizzie body on top of the head.

All the dizzie shaft drives are clean and lubricated and the dizzies go in easily up to the point 1/4" from the lock pin hole. The dizzie top shafts will seat with the lower shaft and the rotor/shaft will not spin then as a result.

I have not removed the lower dizzie drive shaft. Nor have I tried to "hammer" the dizzie top shafts further down.

All thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.
fried okra is offline   Reply With Quote