View Single Post
Old 12-19-2023, 09:56 AM   #22
outsider347

Default Re: Updated oil filter system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnieroadster View Post
Its simply a matter of what one prefers to do. A bypass system is Okay. The 95 percent system is better. Those of us who use our Ford flathead powered cars a lot like myself prefer to use the 95 percent conversion the filter I prefer for the conversion is the Ford Motorcraft FL-1A.
Sure its a bit more work converting to this improved system but its not a difficult job for the average individual to do with some care and good mechanical skills.

My experience after driving cross country and back first time 6000 miles the second trip over 7000 miles most at highway speeds there was no internal wear what's so ever. Since I have driven my roadster over 100.000 plus miles so far I'm pleased with the longevity of the internal parts. An additional item that helps greatly as mentioned above is a PCV.

One needs to think about what's taking place in our engine's. While we know the cubic inches of the engine's size that same cubic inches is actually being pumped on the downward stroke into the crankcase. Thus the blowby and crankcase pressures are an area that's greatly improved when a PCV is added into the equation.
Ronnieroadster
Thanks Ronnie
Where can I find specific info?
How to if you will
outsider347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)