View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 10:15 AM   #67
dan

Default Re: Classtique Upholstery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brubaker View Post
Loooking at the problem from a slightly different angle, I wish there was a way to part-time mentor someone on the restoration skills or occupations soon to be needed such as upholstery and many other specialized skills pertinent to antique auto restoration.
Personally speaking, I cannot leave my current job/profession for ~10 years but could dedicate some time to learn a new specific skill. Tough to pull-off from the cooperator's end. Using Mike at Classtique as an example, he's so busy he couldn't exactly conduct a MasterClass or Zoom session to tutor (although if he did I'd be first in line!). I know just a 'pipe dream' but there is interest out there to help (somehow). Difficulty lies in matching 'need' with available 'help' (as always).

Bruce

Bruce, I'm chiming in a little late here, but McPherson College offers "summer institute" classes that are like mini versions of their Auto Restoration courses. I know Kansas is a long drive from CA, but you might look into it. When I was getting my BS from Mac College, I talked to some of the summer institute participants and they were all pleased with the classes and enthusiastic. I believe they offer sheet metal and upholstery classes each summer--I don't recall all the details because as an undergrad I wasn't paying much attention, but you can probably contact the AR department at the college for more info.
dan is offline   Reply With Quote