View Single Post
Old 11-20-2023, 12:15 AM   #11
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: 8BA Fan Assembly with 17" Flex Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by decling View Post
Yes, I have a spare block in the chassis and the radiator in it. I had to replace the firewall do to a previous owner hacking up the original. I went with an aftermarket one that gave me more room. I actually have the motor mounts 1" farther back. this allows me the room for this setup. I will have 1 1/4" between the fan and radiator. this set up is ~ 3/4" longer than the original. So with the motor 1" farther back no issues. this could also have a shorter front fan mount as short as you want as long as the fan blades cleared belts and pulleys.

We (Heard Saxon & Myself) did something similar on his '36 3-W coupe with an 8BA. Typical situation with the radiator leaning back at top ..... very little room. Electric fans suck! So, we built our own. The KEY part is the bearing. We discovered the Corvair fan bearing that sits on top of Corvair engines. There are a few still floating around out there as NOS. Click the link BELOW for pictures and details. I have many more pics and details if interested. It cools well in Florida heat. As nice as yours looks, ours is much shorter front to rear.

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278828

Coop

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote