View Single Post
Old 11-06-2023, 02:22 PM   #1
rockfla

Default 4 cyl oil pump issue

I have got what I know to be a fresh rebuilt (Basically) Ford 9N tractor motor (Or the same as a 41 Ford P/U). However, I am not "sure" whether a "new" oil pump was used OR the "original" pump was used (neither does my Dad) AND IF it was the original....IF any measures were made to "check" its function? I have started the motor on two separate occasions running it both time for less than maybe 5 minutes. I have discovered I have NO oil pressure. I pulled the oil filter canister and outlet hose to the block, blew air through those and NO obstruction. I pulled the rubber supply line from the back of the block to the oil filter canister and blew air through that line, NO obstruction. AT that point I blew air though the brass fitting on the back of the block to the oil pump and can CLEARLY hear the air through the oil fill tube!!! SO..I believe my oil pump hasn't picked up prime. The dip stick shows oil to the top of the "full" demarcation lines on the dip stick. ANYONE have a suggestion OR reason NOT to drop the pan and pull the oil pump??? I feel the motor has run more than enough to have pulled prime.

Last edited by rockfla; 11-06-2023 at 02:31 PM.
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote