View Single Post
Old 09-23-2023, 08:43 PM   #1
decling

Default Scammers upping their game

I wanted to share an issue that almost got me scammed on Facebook. I follow a lot of the Ford groups there and there are a lot of folks selling stuff. They seem to be plagued by scammers quite often. They have implemented rules that you have to write your name and the current date on a piece of paper and put in the picture.

One individual had a steering wheel I was looking for and he sent me extra pictures with his name and date. I almost fell for it, but the add went away. 1st red flag. But, he had sent the picture with date and name. Then when it can time to pay he didn't want me to use PayPal. We agreed on Venmo, but he said I had to do friends and family. I refused and said it left me with no protection. He pointed back that how could he be scamming me if his name and date were in the picture. I told him no sale to many red flags.

So I went back and zoomed in on the pictures and saw that he had edited in the steering wheel. He tried to ad some shadowing, very poorly now that I looked closer at it. The attached pictures I have circled the areas that are edited.

So, if you are a buyer look at the pictures closely as the scammers are learning to add in a name and date to make it look legit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg received_521201100207988.jpg (61.8 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg received_713271567311969.jpg (76.6 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg 1-m.jpg (34.8 KB, 241 views)
File Type: jpg 2-m.JPG (76.9 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg 5-m.jpg (53.4 KB, 196 views)
decling is offline   Reply With Quote