Thread: New to A's...
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2023, 09:32 PM   #1
five-oh

Default New to A's...

So, Been a member here for years, lurking as I didn't have an A....
But today, this little 1930 model followed me home. It's an old restoration, I suspect and very needy, although it runs and drives. I'm gonna have a ton of questions I expect... first one being this. It is still 6v positive ground..
It is a chore to get it to fire off. Whether it is a first start or a restart after stopping for a pop.
The procedure I have been using is making sure the fuel is on, key turned on, retard spark or timing, whatever you call it all the way "up" on the column, press starter floor switch.
It has a very positive sound of engagement and turns over, but it seems to take forever before she will finally come to life and I have to work the throttle a bit..
For what it is worth, I suspect the old girl has sat for a while. The guy I got it from has had it several years and told me today, he'd driven it more this morning than he had in the past two years- and he'd driven it a total of about 4 miles to the meeting place.
Look forward to learning from y'all.
I do not want a hotrod...this will be a bone stocker to run around in. I don't want hydraulic brakes, or overdrives, or any of that, although slightly wider tires wouldn't break my heart. lol
five-oh is offline   Reply With Quote