View Single Post
Old 05-13-2023, 01:28 PM   #12
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck
Default Re: what was your first car and how much did you pay

In 1956 I found a 1950 Dodge Coupe for $100. that Granny Coupe had for sale. Very nice Business Coupe. Gray in color. I split the exhaust, Skirts, Lowering blocks. Dodge Lancer Hubcaps. Stock Mufflers did sound nice. O yes a Sun Visor. I drove it all through High School. I did get a very nice set of Seat Covers for it. I went to the Junk Yard and got the Dash and Pearl Steering wheel out of a 50 Dodge Deluxe the best one for the year. I was always trying to improve the looks of the little car. In 1959 after High School I went in the Army. So I park it in the garage over my Dad'a car lot. Anyway it ended up in the Crusher by mistake they said. It was a square block laying out back behind the garage. When I came home and they showed to me I never said a word. I just walk off and went home. I never forget that little Dodge. It was good to me. I save my money to get a 1957 Plymoth Fury and paid $750 for it. I dress it up with Skirts and so on. By this time I had forgot the little Dodge. When I got out of the Army I got a Job at the Lorain Ford Assembly Plant in Lorain, Ohio. They kept on me for not driving a Ford. I found a 1930 Model A in good shape for $1200.. I drove it to work and they never said another word about it and thought that was great.That about it.
Old Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote