Thread: MMO in the Gas
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2023, 07:44 PM   #49
Gufshoz

Default Re: MMO in the Gas

I have always put 4 oz of MMO per 10 gal of gas when I fill up. I really don't know if I'm getting a benefit, but I don't really care and I'm not going to stop. It is part of my ritual of fueling my car and adds to the mystique of owning/driving an antique car. I love how people at the neighboring pumps watch me as I carefully measure the bright red liquid, pour into the cowl tank opening and then clean every drop from my measuring cup and the neck of the gallon jug of MMO. I stow the cup, jug and towels in a special secured spot in my trunk (my '30 coupe has had the rumble seat replaced with a trunk). When people ask me what I'm doing and why, I tell them that it is a "mystery"; possibly connected with Voodoo, and if I reveal the secret I may lose my juju.
PS: Marine fuel without ethanol is readily available in my area, so that's what I use. If I'm cruising, I just use any regular gas. I also throw salt over my left shoulder if I should spill some. Some things just won't hurt, but you never know. Keep smiling.
Gufshoz is offline   Reply With Quote