View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 12:14 PM   #19
SDJason

Default Re: Added a 90-degree oil filter adapter today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-Blockhead View Post
old31, I used the paint that Snyder's sells.

Sorry SDJason, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. A word of caution. In your pictures it appears you used an over abundance of gasket sealer? If that much squeezed out to the outside a like amount also squeezed to the inside and may end up in the oil pan.

Thank you - yeah, I saw that almost immediately after I had installed the replacement timing cover; I thought about redoing it, but also wonder how liable cured permatex is to have bits fall off (I assume that would come with age/deterioration) - it's something I'll have to keep an eye on.

The 90 degree adapter takes the same size filter as the timing cover filter setup: it came with a Motorcraft FL-1A (that's what's currently on it), and a Wix 51515 also fits (I've got one of those) - and I see that ndnchf has successfully used a Purolator PBL 14670.

As for space with an engine pan - mine didn't have those installed when I acquired the car, but I can say that with the Motorcraft FL-1A filter, the end of the filter sits just barely above the rounded edge of where the oil pan curves to underneath.
SDJason is offline   Reply With Quote