View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 09:39 AM   #8
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Color Moleskin Brown, light Mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thearne3 View Post
Thanks for all the feedback.

I guess the mystery remains: The only color patch available is Moleskin Brown, yet not a single Model A had that color. The Moleskin Brown, Light is listed as a color for Cabriolets and Town Car Delivery.

Out of curiosity I checked the other colors available in Light and Dark: Arabian Sand, Dawn Grey and Niagara Blue. There is at least one Model A that had each of those colors. None of these colors were listed with a comma, eg, ‘Arabian Sand Light’, never ‘Arabian Sand, Light’.

If the body companies simply tried to match the color patch issued by Ford, I imagine there was some variation across the board, as others have noted. Clearly, those who put together the Paint Guide felt there may actually be a Moleskin Brown, Light out there, or they wouldn’t have left a blank in the Guide.

Sigh…

After speaking with a couple of JS people including Terry Deters, most do not know your answer and think it must be a misprint. My old Ditler color chips from the 1950s do not list a 'Light'.

At this point if you are considering using this color, my suggestion would be to get in touch with Tom or one of the MAFCA JSC members (https://www.mafca.com/v_jsc.html) and get an answer. Then use a copy of that letter should you need to get a variance in competition at a later date.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote