View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 10:31 AM   #10
Y-Blockhead

Default Re: What 12 volt battery and where ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
A group 25 12V is close to a group 1 6V in size but the terminals on a 12V have a straight line terminal post layout where most 6V batteries have a diagonal layout. I use a group 25 on my old Ford tractor that was converted and it fits where a group 2 6V battery would fit but is smaller.

It might be a stretch for the positive battery cable but I don't know for certain. The post sizes are likely going to be different too.
Good points but since the car has already been converted to 12v and he is looking for a replacement, I don't believe it will be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelA29 View Post
Since all batteries now seem to cost $200+ spend the extra $60-70 and get an Optima battery. It will outlast most bargain lead acid batteries 3-1.
As for an Optima outlasting a lead/acid battery... maybe. I have over 8 years on my 12v lead/acid battery now. If well mantained, they will last. Thing is people don't and let the connections corrode and the charge to get low. Once the charge gets low, sulfation starts...

Also, as I have mentioned numerous times on this Forum, I use ThermOil in my batteries. https://www.thermoil.com

Last edited by Y-Blockhead; 01-27-2023 at 10:46 AM.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote