View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 03:30 PM   #13
Art Newland

Default Re: engine is a quandary

It's taken a while but I finally have this C8BA back on the road. It got the old do-it-yourself rebuild. Taper was minimal so left the bore stock. I replaced all the valves, and installed Johnson lifters. I found a really nice 4 inch crank with a fresh .010/.010 grind. The cam and bearings all looked/measured good, not sure what the Canadians used for the cam, had an aluminum gear. I had a big pile of rods so I weighed them all and got a set that were all within a few grams. Had to replace the pistons because of the Merc crank, ended up with Ross domed with fitted pins. I used a set of EAB heads, they had been surfaced and I had to relieve the combustion chambers a bit to get the .050 "squish" that Ron always talks about. Has twin Holley 2100 carbs with the power valves plugged. So many threads seem to never find resolution so I thought I'd let you all know how things turned out. I also machined a Chevy distributor for it using info I found here on the Barn, It's all turned out well and I'm very happy with how it runs and sounds. Thanks to all that are willing to share their knowledge. I've added a YouTube link with me driving the car, if HotRods offend you, then best just move along.

https://youtu.be/Gx8_7OUUsZ8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C8BA first got it small.jpg (135.5 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg pistons in small.jpg (132.3 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg view from top.jpg (48.6 KB, 100 views)