View Single Post
Old 10-27-2022, 10:01 AM   #9
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: 1930 common rear axle ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic in E-TN View Post
3.78 is the most common. Others - 4.11 and 3.54 were available from dealers usually. Sometimes you could get parted out rear ends with these.
Hey Vic, I hear that you are out of the hospital now and hopefully you are feeling better.

Not sure if you are suggesting the 3.54 ratio was available from the Ford Agency (dealership) or a reproduction parts dealer, but I have heard this stated many times that Ford offered the 3.54 back in the day. I am curious if you, -or anyone has any proof of this. The reason I ask is I have researched it at the archives and know there was a pre-production experimental gear set that was a 3.54 however it was superseded in production by the 3.70. Outside of that, I have never seen any print or literature that has shown the 3.54 ratio for a Model-A. Does anyone have anything to confirm it was indeed available back then??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bidonde View Post
This is a list of all I could find:
Bob, to muddy up the waters and add another ratio or two to the mix, in early 1932 all V8 powered vehicles came standard with a 4.33 gear ratio (-which interchanges with the Model-A R&P). Then, there is a 4.56 gear ratio that was offered in the AF models along with a 4.88 gear set that was manufactured by Power King to use in their Economy Tractors that used cut down Model-A rear axle assemblies.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote