Thread: Hershey
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 09:42 PM   #15
Terry, NJ

Default Re: Hershey

Well, I made it out there today and there's good news and bad news! The good news is that I was expecting no one to be there, but there was a good turnout. Compared to what? Other later years. I started with the trips about 2009 so I can't say what they were in say 1999 or 1970. I used to feel about Hershey like I did on the first day of "real" fall when you can hear ducks fly over. You know it's soon going to be hunting season and the blood charges through your veins with new life. Hershey became a new and exciting experience for me. Unfortunately, Ive had to watch it dwindle down with each years passing, so seeing it looking........ well, pretty good, was a welcome surprise. However, My "Boardwalk Cruiser's" (For those who don't live near the shore, a boardwalk cruiser is a three wheeled bicycle with a large basket, primarily a very stable Trike for the old folks) tires are getting old and spongy. (Chinese)The front one was flat this AM when I took it out of the shed. I got that resolved, but one of the rear tires let go about twenty minutes into the field. So I rode it flat. One guy had a compressor and pumped me up, but it went flat again in one hundred feet. I was looking for 1929 Headlights, Whew! I had no idea! One optimist I met had a pretty nice pair.................. For a GRAND $ Yikes! (Kist mir en Tauchess!) But another guy wanted $20. for a old used model A oil filler Cap (But it was Chromed and it had a ford logo on it) This this was used, the chrome was rough, and it needed a good cleaning. Again,I say sit on it and rotate! Smith and Jones provided a new, good, serviceable one for $6.50 Because of my knees and back, I'm considered
Handicapped and it was twenty, $20. bucks to park. I got tired a little beyond pole # 38 in the chocolate field and turned around and worked my way across the field to where the van was parked. But Those 29 Headlights!!!
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote