View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
'31 Patina

Default Re: Door Glass Installation help

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWPASADENA View Post
I believe the coupe is the same as the Tudor. As stated before,with the side channels all in place, the top plate and regulator removed and the bottom channel attached to the glass, you just slide the glass down into the side channels from above. Have someone help you hold the glass part way up, fit the end of the regulator arm into the bottom channel and re-install the regulator.

You may have some other problem that we are not aware of as this should be a relative easy job. I have done it several times by myself.

Chris
I'm must be missing something very obvious here. I apologize in advance that I'm not understand something. I took a few pictures to help me explain what's making this so difficult. If there's something anybody sees that's not right please let me know. The top plate is gone and the side channels are all in place. But if I line up the glass to the inner part of the door the glass is wider than the open space to fit the glass into. If I try to put one side of the glass in the side channel then there's no way of getting the other side in the opposite channel. The glass would fit fine if I could get it into both side channels. If I try to insert the bottom of the glass into the top of the door it's impossible. The glass is wider than the opening. There's about half an inch of overhang on each side.

I took a picture of the glass lined up flush to the door. You'll have to look hard to see what I mean by the glass being wider than the window opening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02667.jpg (57.9 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02668.jpg (57.2 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02669.jpg (56.2 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02670.jpg (63.9 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02672.jpg (54.9 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02675.jpg (50.4 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02676.jpg (57.5 KB, 73 views)
'31 Patina is offline   Reply With Quote