View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 09:12 AM   #35
Frank Miller

Default Re: Another unbridled venture

Today was a tour day but still an adventure.
We began with a ride to Rocky Reach Dam where we could see the salmon swimming up the fish ladders. They had a very impressive visitor center and tour. There were a lot of people there so we had to hang around for the next tour, which put us a little behind but right where we needed to be.
After the tour we headed to Leavenworth - no not Kansas - a small German like town nestled in the Cascades. The railroad used to go through there but that changed during the depression. The town was wallowing and the people living there came up with the touris attraction idea. There were lots of shops and people walking around. It was a great visit.
But I need to back up a bit. On our way there we were supposed to park at a club member's house and take a shuttle that ran until two. We missed the turn so just drove into town and parked. As we were leaving this woman flagged us down. They were with the meet and missed the buss. Here again the right place, right time. We brought them back to their car and all was well. We were invited to hang out for a bit with the property owners and enjoyed a beautiful view of the mountains.
Later that evening a few of us went to visit my apricot guy and see his cars. While apart they were impressive.
Hope the pictures help the narrative.
Meant to say Rich Russel was my navigator, thus the pronoun we. Did not want you to think I started identifying as schizophrenic.