View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 10:30 AM   #15
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: PPG paint codes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd-28 View Post
Thanks everyone for all the info!

I tried these codes out on a local PPG dealer. Most of them make sense, but 15976 comes up as a 1985 VW Golf color called "Deep Cosmic Blue". I dug up a pic of it, and it does look similar to the pix I've seen of "Niagara Blue Dark", but it's hard to tell on a computer screen. You're sure that's the modern translation?
So the Cosmic Blue does not have metallic in it? If so, that ain't gonna work is it??

I have the paint codes for PPG's DCC line for those colors. The French Gray will likely need to be custom mixed in striping enamel to match the color chips in the Paint & Refinish Manual. The Black needs to cross over to either DCC9300 (-my preference) or DCC9700 if you want to use DCC line.

It is my opinion that if you are seeking authentic colors, you need to first order the latest revision of the Paint & Refinish Guide sold by either national Model-A club. Then, you need to find a PPG paint jobber that uses the PPG Prophet color matching analyzer and let them mix to your choice using the chips from the P&RG book. Additionally, a good PPG Jobber also has access to their own formula database which corporate can help them in giving them those formulas based on the latest toners they have available.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5863.jpg (49.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6233.jpg (64.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6264.jpg (45.3 KB, 55 views)

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote