View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 08:25 PM   #6
GB SISSON

Default Re: Why I built a Flathead

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvette8n View Post
Great story, it would be easier to put it in a shoebox Ford 49-53 or a 49 or up p/u, me I would like to build an AV8(unfortunately no room or money).
I been guilty of standing behind my header equipped, duel exhaust ‘41 and listening to it idle for many minutes.
Minutes??? I can do that for hours. And as far as the long post is concerned my best buddy likes to say that on my tombstone it will never say "He was a man of few words"... Welcome to the FLATHEAD V8. You are, in a word Doomed. My old friends here on the barn could point out that my last three old fords have been powered by cummins, a toyota and lastly a ford flathead six, but believe me you, I am gonna build an 8ba with a merc crank for my wood wagon and reading your thread just cements the fact that there is just nothing quite like a flathead V8. Your dad was a very wise man indeed.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote