View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 11:14 AM   #8
Bursonaw

Default Re: Hello new member 1936 sedan with ?s

Welcome to the forum!

There are several ways to lower your car depending on how much time and effort you want to put in to get the desired look and handling you want. You might do some research on the H.A.M.B forum, there is a lot of good information from those that have lowered there cars.

1. Changing the tires sizes will lower the car without any suspension modifications. Tire size changes are also use with the suspension mods to help give the car a desired stance.

2. The traditional suspension mod method is to install a 4” dropped front axle that will yield about a 2” drop at the bumper. This requires you to remove the front axle and wishbone assembly. You will also need to drop the control arms on your spindles and convert to hydraulic brakes.

3. You could install reverse eye springs. This will give you about a 1” drop. You can use these springs in conjunction with the dropped axle for and additional drop.

4. You can remove some leafs from your springs. Be careful not to remove to many or the wrong leafs as it puts additional strain on the other leafs and can be a saftey issue.

5. You can buy lowering shackles and this will give you about 1 1/2” drop.
Check out
https://carrillocustoms.com/products...ransverse-leaf

6. For the rear axle the easy options are reverse eye springs, lowering shackles and/or lowering blocks.
https://carrillocustoms.com/products...h-lowering-kit

These are just some ideas for you to think about. There are other ways as well, but they are mostly major modifications. Each of these that I mentioned have some challenges in installing but can be done in your shop. I hope this helps you and I’m sure whatever way you go, it’s about what you like best. Have fun with you car!

Just to give you an idea. For my car I used a 4” dropped axle, (Previously converted to hydraulic brakes), used lowering shackles in the rear and used 550x16 front tires, 700x16 rear tires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bursonaw is offline   Reply With Quote