Thread: Re : Clings
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 03:52 PM   #8
hardtimes

Default Re: Re : Clings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Brierley View Post
Dennis called me on his cell phone. He talked about still having castings made for his trans adapter but the new owner will machine and sell them. I don't know about his line of brake parts. I suspect, but don't know for sure, that he is just getting older and tired of all the effort to produce things??? I suspect that because I am in the same boat. The last run of my cyl. heads was a real pain, foundry problems, machining problems, etc. It took 1 1/2 years to finish all of that run, bummer! I may or may not make any more, if I do, I need to find another foundry and machinist. All are doable but not sure I want to do that.

I doubt if there is a RPM limit on his serpentine system, but I use a smaller fan on my Cling system because I think his draws too much horsepower and that much air isn't needed. Model A's have a small crank pulley so don't turn their fan or water pump as fast as other engines anyway.
Thanks Jim,
Yeah, getting old is impediment to getting things accomplished !
For WIW, I was contacted by a 4E4 friend who advised that the CORRECT PHONE # for CLING…. is: 480) 782-0266.

Can only guess as to how much business was losed due to wrong posted ph #… bummer.

By the way Jim…. This situation involves the : D
Talking 6K RPM …thats why the fan safety question.
Thanks for all your help.
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote