View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 05:09 PM   #19
VeryTangled

Default Re: Thumbs up for Third Gen Auto

Excuse me. I'm a fan and feel free to skip to the next post.

Here's another example: I didn't think I really needed a reverse idler gear for a '35 trans rebuild that I was discussing on the phone.

The way I remember he showed an amazing picture and said "this box of a hundred" of them would last a while. Forty pounds of parts that were as close to brand new as 80 year old stuff gets.

I won't reveal what he required to put one from the box into my package of goodies, but I really felt like I got the best deal on earth! And the peace of mind that goes with good, real Ford, actually original, parts.

Similar experiences when I was getting some minty brake rods and other bits fell into my package. On another occasion I loved the engine mounts/water inlets that he had on the shelf for a 21 stud. Much improved over the eroded necked ones that I was holding. I got the complete wiring looms for my '35 from them.

He does these repair jobs and vends parts to cover his bills, and knows the things I'll need even when I don't! He's got the parts books and numbers memorized.

Nuts and bolts? The best!

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?

Last edited by VeryTangled; 10-28-2021 at 05:17 PM.
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote