View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 07:44 PM   #99
Rodrelic

Default Re: It’s getting harder to drive my A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-A View Post
I'm still able to drive my "A", but have a less and less desire to. The main road (Highway 50) here is being widened and is one big mess! Plus, the last half a dozen times I've taken the roadster out for a cruise around the neighborhood. It has quit on me for some obscure electrical problem or another. I have been able to limp home and I think I know what the problem is and maybe corrected it. But, with the crappy roads and lousy drivers I just do not have the desire to go out anymore. I'll be 70 next month and I have been toying with the idea of selling my last old car.

Bob-A
I know what you say, my brother always swore by going down the middle to the keys, the coasts are so crowded. (35 years ago) Last year I went to my father’s in Naples and came up the center and escaped to the coast to get to the panhandle, many miles of traffic lights and congestion. If I venture to events from home in center panhandle to zephyr hills & such will use trailer and 19 to get close. Yes drivers are not knowledgeable on such skills
as merging, roundabouts, big truck needs and allowances… piss poor education causes problems to those of us that know what we’re doing.
Rodrelic is offline   Reply With Quote