View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 01:07 PM   #13
MALAK

Default Re: V8 Clutch for model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofield View Post
Hello Jim, Do you remember or know the part number of the diaphragm clutch or the year of the Ford Ranger pickup? What is the bolt mounting pattern like or is it the same as the early V8?
You answer is appreciated.
Sofield
Hi Sofield,

I'm in the process of installing the Tremec T170 trans in my PU and am using the T-Bird (diaphragm) clutch.

This kit has the correct clutch disk for the T170 trans, 9" x 1-1/6-10 spline but I believe this clutch cover (pressure plate) can be used with a stock Model A clutch disk.

https://www.exedyusa.com/browse?search=07038

The bolt pattern is not the same as the early V8 as by the 1980s (and beyond) things were converting to metric.

Attached are the bolt patterns for the T-Bird & Long Style pressure plates. The T-Bird bolt pattern I had to measure and extrapolate as I couldn't find it anywhere online. The Long Style pressure plate bolt pattern I found online.
After I drilled my flywheel, the T-Bird PP fit right over the dowels and the bolts fit without any interference on the holes, in other words, my extrapolated bolt pattern is correct.

The dowel pin/bolt kits for the T-Bird PP are metric. I opted to only use the dowel pins and substituted the bolts for ARP 5/16-24 x .75" bolts.

Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210305_194719201~2.jpg (36.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg TBird PP.jpg (65.9 KB, 29 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf T-Bird PP on Model A Flywheel.pdf (369.5 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by MALAK; 09-20-2021 at 01:37 PM.
MALAK is offline   Reply With Quote