View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 06:37 AM   #2
nkaminar

Default Re: Jacking Instructions

I have a heavy duty floor jack and four jack stands. I jack in the center of the front axle and on the differential housing, although several people will tell you not to do that for fear of bending the rear axle. I put the jack stands just inside of where the wishbones attach to the front axle to assure that they do not slip outward and put then at an angle. The rears I put near the wheels with enough room to do any work on the brakes.

I have a couple of the small ramps that I can drive the car up on, one under each wheel, in the front or in the back depending on where I want to crawl under. I will sometimes jack up the car with the floor jack and put the ramps under the wheels and then, when done, just drive off.

Do not use concrete blocks as then can break. As in all work under any car, safety is the primary concern. I shake the car when it is up to make sure that it is secure. A lift is a great addition to any garage although I don't have the overhead room for one and there is no place outside that is level enough.
The clutch always sticks, and starts with a jerk.
My car grows red hair, and flies through the air.
Driving's a blast, a blast from the past.
nkaminar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)