View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 12:59 PM   #62
Tim Ayers

Default Re: Auction of Gene Hetland's mostly '32 parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
That was my first reaction (to the buyers premium), but it is easy to judge from afar and not knowing the sprawl and complexity of the auction site, the hundreds of helpful Mecum employees (all paid, not volunteers) providing security, directions, and golf cart rides to visitors seeking to pick up their parts to and from the jammed sprawled out parking (besides the 2,500 cars and trucks going on the block all week long) and between pavilions with limited access for security reasons, careful administration of disbursing all of the 504 lots to the right owners without items walking off by themselves, with everything repacked for either pickup or shipping (the wooden boxes and display cabinet shelves weren't included and that was clearly stated before hand), and then there is the minor matter of moving all of that stuff from Minnesota to Indiana. Having seen it all yesterday and been a beneficiary of the services provided, the funds to bankroll all of that have to come from somewhere, so, no, I cannot agree that the buyer's premium of 23% is "pure greed".
Thanks for this perspective. I've edited my post to reflect your thoughtful response.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)