View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 01:45 PM   #12
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Scum HAMB Hot Rodder Trying to Save a Truly Wasted Roadster...on YouTube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycasey View Post
I agree that this particular roadster body would have likely been doomed...

I was also trying to lure some eyes with the title. it IS a bit of a “commercial”, but I have been a long-time member of this board, and have always found it to be an invaluable resource.

Casey, I really did not see where your video was a 'commercial' as in advertisement for a video. When I did initially read the title, I must confess that it did seem like language that is generally considered controversial for here but it did not deter me from looking anyway. I am curious why you felt that particular body was doomed. I did not see it as that bad of a starting piece, -and definitely not a wasted by most craftsman's eyes. Maybe you only said that as clickbait??

Also, I will admit that I was a little disappointed when you said you had replaced the quarters instead of repairing them. I too was hoping to see some of your craftsmanship showing how you fabricated quarters, door skins, sills, etc. from sheetstock to save the majority of the original body. As I understand it right now, basically the Upper Deck Panel, the Fuel Tank, the lower Dash and potentially part of the Doors are the only original pieces on the entire original Body structure that you have saved. Everything else has been replaced with reproduction parts. If I am misunderstanding that, I do apologize.

I must confess, a couple of things that did kinda bother me in your video is you said you would always purchase from Brookville (-actually that is Antique Auto Sheetmetal) and not Brattons. That really is not fair to Jeff, as he sells both the Howells panels and the Antique Auto Sheetmetal panels. Jeff does not manufacture those panels, ...and apparently it was you that chose the cheaply made pieces yet blamed him for their lack of quality. How many people will unknowingly choose to not purchase from Brattons because you lead them to believe that Bratton's sheetmetal pieces are poor quality?

I close by saying it appears you are doing a good job and will definitely have a nice hot rod when it is finished.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote