View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 12:56 PM   #6
ADB

Default Re: 1928 Phaeton windshield gasket

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Hi Again
I would like to share my experience replacing the bottom gasket of the windshield of my phaeton 1928.

At the beginning I was looking for the channel access, on the side of the bottom frame, which I never found, am not sure if it is blocked or if it is there.
Inspecting the bottom frame I discover a hole not far from one side of the frame (see picture) and I decided to work from there.

The hole looks like it is original on the frame without any sharp ends. I don’t know the purpose of the hole and I did some research. I didn’t find good information regarding the frame or the guide for the replacement of the gasket.

To remove the old gasket was a tedious job, it brakes easily and some time will not slide into the channel. I was cutting small pieces about 2 inches long and slide it out of the hole. I cleaned the channel and made sure it was free of any rubber, until the gasket was completely removed.

To insert the new gasket was simple. I applied a silicon spray on the channel and on the gasket and started at the access hole from left to right (looking from outside at the front of the car), the gasket ran in easily.

The most complicated part was at the end. For the last part to run, the gasket to the left side of the hole position. There is no room to slide the gasket so I pressed in with a wide screwdriver, making sure not to damage the gasket.

[IMG]https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/picture.php?
albumid=5422&pictureid=43791[/IMG]

ADB is offline   Reply With Quote