View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 09:02 PM   #17
CWPASADENA

Default Re: 6.1 Head / Carburetor Choice

I have been running a B Carb on a bored out A manifold on a B engine with a 6.0 head in my Tudor that I use for touring. I have many thousands of miles touring with the car and am very pleased. Simple, straight forward, and good performance. I get 18-20 mpg and will run comfortable all day at 60-65 mph. (with a Mitchell Overdrive)

Before I got around to boring out the intake and installing a B carb, I ran a A carb and it ran just fine. I think it runs a little better with the B carb.

I am the technical director of our club and will always run at the back in case someone has a problem. Most "side of the road" repairs are made on cars that have been modified with lots of "Modern" components. The cars that are simple and in keeping with what Henry originally designed seem to be the most reliable. With a very few modifications, they will run at a decent speed all day and go up the hills with no problems.

Also, like has been previously stated, when I raise the hood, it looks like an original engine and not something that has been all cobbled up with a lot of "Modern" stuff. People we meet along the way seem to enjoy seeing a how simple the cars are, especially the old guys when I raise the hood to show them the engine.

My opinion,

Chris W.

Last edited by CWPASADENA; 05-01-2021 at 09:32 PM. Reason: TYPO
CWPASADENA is offline   Reply With Quote