View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 06:47 AM   #26
Tim Ayers

Default Re: Auction of Gene Hetland's mostly '32 parts

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Tom View Post
Tim, Glad that you called Mecum. So, Did they answer your question, Can you pick up the "goods" at the Indy State Fairgrounds when you are at the vehicle auction??? Did Mecum state where the parts are on display for inspection?

I think the vehicles will be at Indy State Fairgrounds but the parts will remain in Minnesota and will be shipped from there to auction winners.

My original question, are you bidding on what is pictured, or what is in the description? Sad to say, This scrambled deficient auction is a dis-service to Gene Hetland.
Hi Tom:

I asked the following:

1) Shipping and pick up. Smaller items and those listed with an On-Time can be shipped or picked up. If you win, they notify you afterward to see what you want to do. The items are in Indy. They use a third party shipper. They try their best to consolidate your items, but it may take multiple boxes depending and that, of course, increases the cost of shipping to the winner.
She could not estimate shipping and handling charges since it all depends on weight and size; which is fair.

2) I did not ask about if the item lots were on display since I had no plans to intend. I did ask how accurate are the parts lot picts. She said fairly and they do their best, but sometimes more or less items are included for various reasons.

She suggested it's best to go by the items listed in the lot description and not the picture.

3) She did say if gross misrepresentation happens they will work with the buyer to rectify the problem.

I'm really interested in smalls. Bolts, nuts, etc. so it could turn out to be a cat in the bag and we'll see if I actually win any of the items I'm bidding on.

Hope this helps.

I'm just happy these items will hopefully get into the hands of folks who will use them.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote