View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 10:46 PM   #13
GB SISSON

Default Re: Covid excuse to play hookey

I don't think I have ever seen or read of old ford (or chevy)sheet metal set on a japanese 4x4 before. These landcruisers are a very rugged and dependable vehicle. They also have a narrow, boxed ladder frame and a track width about like most prewar stuff. PS, PDB, 3.73 gears, inline six. The axle shafts are about 20% larger in diameter than my 92 f350's. I see a lot of folks using s10 and ranger stuff, but as I have so often stated, I like to use up all the junk I have collected over the years, so my kids don't have to scrap it later.. I have the back of a shed and an attic full of landcruiser stuff, and even more early ford truck parts scattered about. After all this time I think it was inevitable that these parts would comingle in the hayloft one night and produce offspring.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is online now   Reply With Quote