View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 04:25 PM   #5
Synchro909

Default Re: Club Meetings Using Remote Media

Both of the clubs I belong to do their meeting via Zoom. One club regularly gets 60 - 80 people joining in. There is a limit of 100 on the package we have and one night, we had an interesting guest speaker. We were at 100 for the whole meeting and had many more waiting to log on as soon as someone else left. Many of the "extras" were from other clubs and we picked up few new members for ourselves out of it.
The key is to have a moderator (host) who has the ability to mute everybody. If some one wants to speak, they message the host and ask to be unmuted. He says his bit and gets a response before being muted again. When there are a lot of people on, we have 2 hosts who work together to keep an eye on everything and everyone.
At the end of the meeting, most leave immediately but those who want to "gasbag" for a bit are free to stay and all are unmuted.
My wife is one of those who host or co host ours so she knows more than I (Boy, I hope she reads this! )