View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 05:37 PM   #83
5lugnuts

Default Re: A question for old guys

I'm 78 and slow. I can only pass on two suggestions that I have found to help the problem of getting down and under.

To get down and up easier I use an adjustable height jack stand to lean on when getting down and to push on when getting up. Sort of a crutch. I keep a spare rag laid over the top of the stand for a softer grip or to grab when needed. I also have those "moving blankets" from Harbor Freight to spread on the concrete alongside and under the car. Sometimes I double them up or fold one over for a softer landing and a warmer place to work. I lay the tools or parts on the blanket and just drag everything out at once when I'm finished. Sometimes I store the tools and parts in a five gallon bucket until next time so I don't have to round everything up when I have a chance to finish the job. The bucket makes a good stool to sit on when turned over, but you knew that. You guys probably do these things already but I just wanted to share because I enjoyed this thread and learned that I'm not the only one ageing. Thanks!
5lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote