View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 07:07 PM   #28
snappydon

Default Re: The '37 Dually is finally coming together

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
Funny thing Don, we live in sort of a parallel universe. As a kid growing up in North Seattle/Richmond Beach we spent most of our summer weekends at Hoodsport visiting my Uncle Dan who had a place on the canal. In recent years I also had a red '37 ton and a half for many years and have done three frankenstein running board matchups for big pickups. In my opening photo on my post 'before and after' if you look next to my daughter's left foot you'll see the joint where I overlapped and bolted the '38 cutoff front half to the bed donor's '47 rear half. The 38 has thicker running boards so I narrowed it down until where it bolts to the front fender. Some of you will know that the '47 tonner bed is too wide for a '38, so I sectioned it down 2 1/2" to clear the tires. I have really enjoyed watching what you are building with this truck. I agree it is a total blast coming up with something like this. Is there still the 'Model T Tavern' in Hoodsport?

Yep the "Model T" is still here, I actually had lunch there today! A double stack "Model T Burger".

It's a fun project...My goal is the local small car show at the Eagle Creek Tavern in Lilliwaup this summer.
snappydon is offline   Reply With Quote