View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 02:20 AM   #40
Karl

Default Re: Turn Signals . . . Your Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudortomnz View Post
I have driven in Aust. & live in NZ. Drivers here in NZ are far worse & maybe half never use indicators, especially when passing or sometimes turning. I feel if they are 'distracted' & can not determine an old slow moving car up ahead, having indicators, flashing lights or whatever will make little difference. I always use hand signals & most drivers understand them as they are taught here in the road code. I stay off main highways & busy roads. These old cars have their inherent dangers, so whatever I drive, it is with care.
Yep NZ drivers are pretty bad . All my cars (with the exception of the 1910 Hupmobile) have indicators on them and I wouldn't be without them. Drivers don't seem to get my hand signals when I'm driving the Hupp. The major issue with my cars is that sometimes I'm driving down a major road and a car will be waiting to turn onto the road . They will see me coming and quickly turn in front of me to avoid being stuck behind an old car. They have no conception that my brakes may not be as good as theirs. - Karl