View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 11:07 PM   #14
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: Why can't the photo upload problem be fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHZIEMAN View Post
I don't know about Mac computers but on windows, there is a simple program that allows downsizing photos (pixels) to manageable size for uploading. It is called "IRFANVIEW" Other than that, the Ford Barn, I venture, has set up sizing to keep photos, not hogging memory. Anyway, hope this helps! But to the point of many, it can be a hassle to resize!
I will cover the MAC side. I don't think there is a problem. It is necessary to accept the fact that most pictures as they come from a camera (including most phone cameras) are too large to post and need to be reduced. This can be accomplished by reducing the resolution of the entire picture or cropping the picture to show only what is important. Cameras can be set to take lower resolution pictures but I think that is dangerous as it is too easy to forget to set them back to high resolution. I store, manage and edit my photos with a program the came with my desktop MAC called "Photos". I also load all of my iPhone pictures into "Photos". Loading my iPhone photos connecting the same cord I use to charge my phone and following a few simple prompts. I have a card reader for my camera cards that connects to my computer with a cord that uses a USB connector. Again there will be a few simple prompts to follow. When I want to post I "export" them from "Photos" to my desktop at a lower resolution and post from my desktop. No problem.

Final thought, there is no way I would trust my photos to a hosting company like Photobucket. I felt this way even before they &$#@&) everybody.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited by Charlie Stephens; 04-12-2019 at 11:37 PM.
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote