View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 10:47 PM   #14
4port

Default Re: Chickasha Pre-War Swap Meet 2019 Roll Call

I have been going to the Chickasha PreWar meet since the first one. If you have never been you need to know that a few vendors start lining up outside the meet starting Wednesday night, with 75% showing up during the day on Thursday. Noone is allowed to enter and setup on the the fairgrounds until 4pm on Thursday. Most buying and selling takes place in the lineup of trucks and trailers outside starting Thursday morning. People are out with flashlights in the dark, before dawn, digging through loads as they arrive. It’s a full blown swap meet with most hot items changing hands in the lineup. After 4pm I make the rounds as everyone is setting up in the evening before dark. Friday morning it starts over with a few more vendors arriving. I head home buy noon to beat rush hour traffic in Dallas. It’s always been worth the trip for me. Coker Tire, Bergs Radiator, Howell sheetmetal, and Ron Kelley are usually there. Ran into Dick Crabtree last year. Mitchell overdrive, Rich Fallucca, and Wiley Higgins in years past to name a few Model A folks.
4port is offline   Reply With Quote