View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 06:22 AM   #354
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Part 3, continuing on from yesterday.

Swede himself gets conned.

What is your idea of a con, well I’ve always figured it to be a likeable rogue. Whether correct or not that’s how both Graham and Swede fit my definition.

Graham had been an operator, the bloke from whom infact I bought my business in 1980. About two years later he decided to do just a few more rice sowing jobs around the Deniliquin area and secured two of his old clients. Now as he no longer had an aeroplane or equipment he procured these items and pilot from the Swede who he had employed and fired many years before. Graham did the job and duly returned the equipment but no money for the hire. Swede figured he’d go and collect the money from the client himself and thus ensure payment but when he got there the cupboard was bare. Graham had already collected. And flown.

Graham had conned Swede. He who considered himself the master had been conned by his adversary from whom he had learned his art many years before. No the non payment for equipment or pilot nor the bill for the gas was not the irritation. It was the extreme humiliation of being beaten and especially by Graham.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote