View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #27
poolplayer1

Default Re: 1955 ford station wagon with a V8 302 Engine.

Well,this morning I decided to test run my 55 wagon to see if it would still cutoff while going down the road and after driving 25 minutes,darn thing shut off on me again. It still feels like its running out of gas,so must be vapor lock. I have a new mechanical fuel pump,new coil,new condenser, new fuel filter,and isolated the fuel line from any heat.I can wait for 10 or so minutes and than it will start up again.I kind stayed within a few miles from home so that I would not have to tow it to the house,just waited a little bit till it started again and than drove it home. To me, eighter the fuel pump gets too hot or the carberator is getting to much heat from the intake,causing fuel to vaporize.A long time time ago I put in a spacer between the carb. and the intake but its a metal type spacer which I think is still letting the heat from the intake to get to the carb.or,heat from the engine block is making the fuel pump to run too hot.What do you guys think? I'm getting tired of having this car quit on me on the road,kind of embarrassing. Need some more help.Thanks to all of you here for your kindness.
Mando
poolplayer1 is offline   Reply With Quote