View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 07:50 PM   #368
Hot Rod Reverend

Default Re: 1955 Ford Club Sedan Refresh Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5851a View Post
Just a comment and question. Used to install AC on cars and the kits would come with enough oil already in the compressor but that was kits for specific models with mostly prefit lines. Haven't done any AC work for quite awhile and last compressor I replaced came with a full system load in it also. In this increased profits world do they now make you buy your own oil to fill the system?
Good question. The compressor was shipped and marked "filled with oil" and no further oil was needed for the system. However in the first leak I had, one of the rear fittings had to be removed from the compressor and quite a bit leaked out since the system did have a small charge on it. I did put 2 oz back in the system during the charge.

In about 75-80 degree weather here I had 50 psi on the lo side and 200 on the hi side. So far so good. I won't really know how well it works until the road test.

Anything I should look for, or do now, other than look for leaks and make sure the charge is good?