View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 07:31 AM   #354
Hot Rod Reverend

Default Re: 1955 Ford Club Sedan Refresh Blog

Guys you are too kind. After documenting all of this work I can see now why more of us don't post it inline. I probably have well over 1000 photos alone, they are backed up on photobucket so they can be posted easily here, and there is extra thought involved in taking pictures, organizing them, etc. I would like to see what other guys are doing as well...I am sure I could learn a few things. I do know that posting all of this has helped me because many of you have given very good advice for this project that kind of got out of hand.

Fellas, let's hold off on AC work as a second career for now... when I put a vacuum on those lines and confirm they are sealed up, fill the system with refrigerant, and actually get cold AC then we will think about it! I can see now why ready made kits are so popular. Very few options when considering how to keep your original heater parts. But I can also see why even Vintage Air does not sell a kit for a 55/56 Ford. I just about believe if they would have I might have bought one, but the piece meal route was going to be way too much money.

On those clips, they were so disintegrated it was hard to measure what was on there originally. I will have to spring for a kit, or a set, I am sure. TeeBird is usually pretty good from what guys tell me. I would not know what all sizes I need but restoration specialties is a good company too.

I do think that seal is installed correctly. I checked and rechecked many times concerning orientation and the open "C" was to be facing the interior of the trunk all the way around. If I screwed up and down the road it does not seal I can always pull it and reorient it but I do believe we are on the money here. Maybe some of you other guys with 55/56 can chime in here.

One thing I will comment on while I am working on the main harness, the folks at RebelWire are great for customer service. One phone call, two rings, a real life human being on the line, and then a very fast answer to my tech question that solved it immediately. Very courteous staff as well.