View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 08:09 PM   #1
Terry, NJ

Default Model A frustrations.

So the coupe had been running great all last week. I seemed to have finally worked the bugs out. Not quite so! Sat. morning I was gonna take it to Hellertown, But I couldn't get it to start despite the fact that I had put it away Fri. and it was running great. Once again, no spark! So Sat. afternoon, I played around halfheartedly with it. With crazy weird thoughts going through my mind like what the junkee would give me for the GD thing. Sunday I fixed an old wheel horse tractor and ignored the POS in the garage! Today I attacked it with one thought in mind, get it running! I had been suspicious of the starter switch for a while. I am no longer suspicious of it. I managed to wiggle a wire and the next thing I knew it was turning red and smoke was billowing out. I jumped into the car and pulled the floorboard up and managed to disconnect the battery. I rounded up another switch and replaced it. Still no spark! I cursed my bad back and the pain and went inside. I was leaving and noticed the taillight was on. So now I have lights again! Yippee! I'm so grateful I won't even ask why. So when I got back, I played around a little with it and damn if it didn't make some "I want to start type noises!". But I cranked it and it popped a few times, but wouldn't start, but it is so encouraging! I know this is getting repetitious for me to keep writing this crap but this has me baffled. I've rebuilt the distributor, installed a brand new Nu-Rex ign. switch and a new Distributor cap. I'm getting desperate!
T.I.A. Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote