View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 06:48 PM   #316
Hot Rod Reverend

Default Re: 1955 Ford Club Sedan Refresh Blog

I was hoping to have more time to get things done but life calls and the work beckons - greater things to take care of at this time of year. Recently though I did have the chance to get a couple of things done (albeit late or night or early in the morning) .

First up would be the trunk lock mechanism and chrome. It all needs to be replaced but I thought I would like see if I could not remove the keyed cylinder. The key has to be inserted and turned just so - that small pin at the back in the middle of the threads can then be pushed down and the cylinder slid out of its boss.

Since I was able to do that I thought I would fit the old lock cylinder into a reproduction trunk lock assembly, yeh right, it wouldn't go. Looks like the interior of the repro lock assembly is chrome too where as the original sleeve was not chromed at all.

I also removed the bezels for the windshield wiper pivots. They will have to be replaced as well - and those cheap paper gaskets too...

Of course, I mark everything I remove.